What Dance Styles Do Dancers Take?
So, you’ve been dancing for a while and you want to expand your range of styles. Good thing dance offers more than one option! Of course, you don’t have to take every dance style on the planet (but if you do, we’re not going to stop you), but which styles should you try out? We reached out to our dance community and asked them what all styles of dance they take to help give you some inspiration for other styles to check out.
- Ballet/ Pointe, Contemporary, and African
- Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Modern
- Tap, Jazz, Hip Hop, Ballet, and Acro
- Ballet, Tap, Lyrical, Contemporary, and Hip-hop
- Tap, Jazz, Lyrical/Contemporary, Hip hop, and Ballet ❤️❤️
- Tap, Ballet/Pointe, Jazz, Contemporary, Acro, Musical Theater, African, and Aerial Hoop
Those all sound like great dance styles to learn! And do you know what’s even crazier? There are even more dance styles out there! Hopefully we have inspired you to look into expanding your dance knowledge and getting out of your comfort zone to check out something new. What other dance styles do you take? And shout out to our awesome dance community for contributing to this article:
By: AJ (Intern)