The 7 Worst Parts Of Recital Season
Yes, recital season is the time to show off everything you learned over the year to your family and friends. However, it is one of the more stressful times. From rehearsals, to costumes, to recital day, there are many parts of recital season that aren’t the most fun. We reached out to our dance community and asked them, what is your least favorite part of recital season:
- Ordering costumes 🤦🏼♀️ post pandemic there’s nothinggggggg 😭
- Those rehearsals leading up to recital when dancers are second guessing themselves so their dances fall apart are the worst! Luckily, the nerves usually get out by show day and they dance beautifully!
- Late costumes.
- The texts on recital day for information that was communicated for months!!!!
- When you accidentally forget one single thing at home and you're hoping that another member has an extra.
- The end of it 😂
- The worst part is the day after when the adrenaline rush is over and you feel all alone.
Not only is recital season a stressful time for dancers, it can be stressful for teachers as well. So remember to come prepared for the recital to have the least amount of stress possible. Need help preparing for recital? Make sure to check out our article: 9 Ways To Get Recital Ready. Also, be sure to follow our social media @more_than_dancers for more fun and relatable dance content. Last but not least, thank you to our awesome dance community for helping contribute to this article:
Creative Dance N'
Susan Cronan Picou
By: AJ (Intern)