Did You Know: Dance Facts Edition
Considering dance has been around for 1000s of years, it has developed some pretty interesting fun facts. It might surprise you how early professional dancers retire. Or maybe you’re curious as to how many shows the Rockettes do each season. From how many bobby pins are lost a year to the world’s longest conga line, here are some very interesting dance fun facts.
- The Rockettes perform 8 dance numbers per show, up to 4 shows daily, during the season.
- In 1923, Michigan passed a law forbidding dancers to stare into each other’s eyes.
- Because of the high physical demand on their bodies, most professional dancers retire from dancing during their mid-30s.
- The earliest findings have pinpointed the origins of ancient dances in 9000-year-old India or 5300-year-old Egypt.
- Women lose approximately 1.73 billion bobby pins every year.
- In 2013, New York City Ballet ordered 8,500 pairs of pointe shoes for 180 dancers.
- The longest conga line was the Miami super conga consisting of 119,986 people gathered in Miami, Florida, USA on March 13th, 1988.
How crazy are those fun facts!? Hopefully you learned something new and now can spread the knowledge to your friends. Make sure to follow us on Instagram @more_than_dancers for more fun dance facts! What other interesting and/or fun dance facts do you know?
By: AJ (Intern)