Dancers Top 6 Pet Peeves
Dancers are taught so much technique, sometimes, we might forget the simplest thing from time to time. These simple technique mistakes can get on our nerves, especially when someone else does them, because we would never make a simple mistake ourselves, right? So we reached out to our awesome dance community and asked them, what are your dance pet peeves? Here’s what they had to say:
- When dancers have dead feet.
Point your toes the instant they leave the ground, but point all the way through your feet.
- When others don’t shape their back foot.
Technique is simple, but so important.
- When performers have sickled feet.
We got this one twice, so remember to POINT YOUR TOES!
- When dancers expect improvement but skip class.
Teachers aren't magicians!
- When others steal my ballet barre spot.
Don’t steal someone’s barre spot!
- Expecting things when they don’t put the time or effort in.
You have to put in time and effort in order to see improvement.
Technique may be simple, but forgetting it could result in injury. Also, don’t steal someone else’s spot at the barre! Anyways, are there any pet peeves we missed? Also, shoutout to our amazing dance community for helping contribute to this article:
By: AJ (Intern)