ancer’s toes help create nice lines. Toes are like a candle on a cake—they can make or break the party! Sometimes dancers tend to “claw” their toes (gripping too strongly through their toes) which breaks their lines. Read on to see how you can improve your point to help create beautiful lines.
- In a parallel position, sitting on a chair, place your feet flat on the ground. Make sure you are lifting through your arches.
- Lift your big toes off the floor but keep your other toes firmly on the ground.
- Then reverse the process; keep your big toes down and lift up your other toes.
- Do this 30 times.
- Remember to keep your feet flat on the ground! This exercise seems easy, but it’s really difficult to do! Keep trying to build those toe muscles as much as you can.
Big Toe Exercise
- Kneel on one knee and keep one foot on the ground with your foot flat. Grasp your big toe.
- Hold onto your toe while trying to push it down to the floor.
- Do this for 30 seconds.
- Take a break and repeat 20 times.
- This will build your big toe muscle to help your complete your beautifully pointed toes.