Recital season can cause a lot of stress, and not to mention acne. Dancing under bright lights, and working out with heavily applied makeup can take a toll on your skin. That’s why it’s important to have a regular skin care routine, to prevent unwanted acne and dry skin. MTD has put together an affordable, and easy 5-step post recital skin care routine.
1. Remove Makeup
This is the most important step in any skin care routine. One thing every dancer should know is that you should NEVER sleep in your makeup. Failure to remove makeup before bed can cause oil and dirt to remain under the skin, forming pimples.
- Grab a cotton pad and apply a few drops of cleansing water to the surface
- Gently rub the cotton pad in circular motions over the face
- Repeat with multiple cotton pads until the makeup is removed
To avoid excessive dirt and oil from pooling under the skin, use an oil-free cleanser.
- Apply the oil-free cleanser to a wet face
- Squirt a small amount of cleanser into your hands and apply a drop of water
- Work the mixture into a lather
- Apply all over the face
- Rinse thoroughly
This alcohol-free toner cleans, and tones the skin without stripping away natural moisturizers.
- Moisten cotton ball with Neutrogena® Alcohol-Free Toner
- Moisten cotton ball an apply to face with gentle upward strokes
This oil-free gel moisturizer removes dry spots, and keeps the skin looking smooth and fresh.
- Apply evenly to face and neck after cleansing
Neutrogena® Hydro Boost , $15.99
5. Extra Hydration & Glow
Suited for all skin tones, this product is meant to leave a lasting glow. Applying day and night will leave the skin feeling smooth to the touch.
- Massage 2 to 3 drops onto clean, toned skin (or) add 1 to 2 drops to your moisturizer for a natural glow
Rose Oil Blend, $24.00