[vc_row text_align=”center”][vc_column][vc_empty_space][vc_column_text text_color=”#37c3d3″]With long hours at the studio, feeding your body with the proper nutrients can be difficult. To make things easier, here are some of MTD’s favorite healthy, delicious, and quick recipes. Enjoy!
1. TTL (Turkey, Lettuce, Tomato) Wrap
Iceberg lettuce (4 leaves)
Roast Turkey (4 slices)
Cucumber, sliced (¼ cup)
Cherry Tomatoes (1 handful)
Paprika (1 tsp)
- Top a lettuce leaf with two slices of turkey, ½ the cucumber, a little tomato, and a sprinkle of paprika. Then, take the other lettuce leaf and spread the hummus. Finally, place the hummus leaf on top of the existing sandwich, roll it up from the edges, cut in half.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Enjoy!
Peanut Butter (2-3 tbsp)
Granola (3 tbsp)
- Remove cores from apples and cut into 1/4-1/2″ thick slices
- Spread apple slice with peanut butter.
- Top with granola and raisins.
- Place another apple slice on top and gently press together.
- Repeat with remaining apple slices.
English cucumber, diced (1)
Chilled cooked quinoa (2 cups)
Diced red onion (1/2 cup)
Crumbled feta cheese (1/2 cup)
Julienned or roughly-chopped fresh basil leaves (1/3 cup)
Lemony Italian vinaigrette (see below) (1 batch)
LEMONY ITALIAN VINAIGRETTE INGREDIENTS:
Olive oil (1/4 cup)
Apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar (2 tbsp)
Fresh lemon juice (1 tbsp)
Italian seasoning (1/2 tsp)
Salt and black pepper (pinch)
CUCUMBER QUINOA SALAD:
- Toss all ingredients together until combined. Serve immediately.
LEMONY ITALIAN VINAIGRETTE:
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl until combined.
For the Dressing:
Lemon Juice (2 Tbsp)
Garlic (pressed) 1 clove Kosher Salt (1/4 tsp)
Black Pepper (1/8 tsp)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (1/4 cup)
For the Salad:
Bag Kale (8 cups, stems removed) (10oz)
Garbanzo Beans (drained, rinsed) 1 (15oz can)
Ripe Avocado (diced) (1)
- whisk together dressing ingredients in a bowl
- pour over kale and massage kale thoroughly with the dressing (DO NOT skip this step or you’ll have dry kale, which kinda sucks)
- fold in chickpeas and avocado…and devour
2 Cucumbers, peeled and chopped into (1/4 slices)
Roma tomatoes, chopped (4-6)
Red onion, sliced (½)
Olive oil (¼ cup)
Lemon juice (1 1/2 tbsp)
Dried oregano (2 tsp)
crumbled feta cheese (½ cup)
Salt and Pepper, (to taste)
Black olives (to taste)
- In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon juice, and dried oregano. Pour over the vegetables and mix well. Season salad with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle feta cheese and olives over the top of salad and mix. Taste and adjust spices if need be. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
[/vc_column_text][vc_text_separator title=”” i_icon_fontawesome=”fa fa-heart” i_color=”custom” i_size=”xs” add_icon=”true” i_custom_color=”#fcabbe”][vc_column_text]
Follow More Than Dancers on Instagram: @more_than_dancers
[/vc_column_text][vc_text_separator title=”” i_icon_fontawesome=”fa fa-heart” i_color=”custom” i_size=”xs” add_icon=”true” i_custom_color=”#fcabbe”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_empty_space][/vc_column][/vc_row]